Back-End Software Engineer
WHAT YOU'D BE WORKING ON:
At Brizi, our product has a wide span beyond app-based software. You'll be working on a B2B and B2C product that encompasses a cloud-based server that controls a fleet of robotic cameras in sports stadiums around the world. Specifically, you'd oversee Brizi's back-end APIs and databases, using core technologies such as:
- Stack: NodeJS, Express, Angular, ReactJS, and MongoDB
- Facebook API
- Twitter API
WHAT YOU'D HAVE OWNERSHIP OF:
- Building the web applications, production software, and server architecture to be optimized, scalable, stable, secure, and awesome.
- Monitoring, identifying and relieving bottlenecks and restraints on production systems through development and system tuning.
- Defining architecture and technology stack/implementation within a new product that we plan to roll out
- Continuous integration, testing, and troubleshooting to ensure a cohesive experience across different browsers and devices
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE IS:
- 2+ years of experience in architecture design and developing large-scale, event-driven, data-oriented systems
- Comfortable with MongoDB/Mongoose databases and Redis, AWS: EC2, S3, Lambda, DynamoDB, Linux operating systems, Facebook & Twitter API, and Google Analytics
- Strong at problem solving and communication skills, working with Agile/DevOps practices
- A team player, well-spoken, inquisitive, and energized by new ideas and learnings from others
- A self-starter who is motivated, organized, resourceful, and detail-oriented
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM US:
- A mid-stage startup where your work and contributions really count, growth-opportunity in a variety of skills and career directions
- Flexible working hours and time-off, we want you to work when you are most productive
- We encourage you to be your best self. We want you to help shape and shift our culture in brave new directions, not simply fit in.
- We work and play like a team. Great ideas can come as easily during an impromptu hallway soccer match or social team building activity in the boardroom.
- We have an office hoverboard, healthy snacks, smoothie hours, team dinners, and taking the Brizi yacht out for a spin on Fridays in the summer.
- We celebrate wins, learn from our failures, embrace change, invest in each other, and are passionate about learning and growing as individuals and as a team.
Want in? Hit apply to start the first step of our interview process.